08 November, 2006

Yeah!!! No more political commercials!

Did you hear that?

No? EXACTLY my point. It's quiet.

Not one political ad polluting the air.

Thank goodness.

I hope you got your vote on. I did!

You know what that means?

Absolutely correct, I have a valid, unrestricted license to bitch!

How about yours?

It should be illegal to bitch with a suspended or expired license.

I don't know about anyone else but I love voting.

I love going to the polls.

I love to walk in and have people look me in my face and know that I have a voice and I am going to exercise it.

I like to think on election days that people are looking around with the understanding that we are all in this together.

Standing there as I was yesterday; exhausted from working night shift, in uniform, shirt unbuttoned and untucked, mp3 player in my ears, dreadlocks flowing; I hope that it says loud and clear I will not shut up. I will not be ignored. I have not forgotten what it cost a great deal of people for me to have the right to have my say.

I tell you, voting is a joy.

Watching election results...well some years that is a very different story.

Although it was a joy this year....Uncle Blackwell lost. Poor Tom....er, Ken.

peace.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Those political ads were grating on my last nerve.

I agree that if you don't vote, you don't have license to complain. That's great news about Blackwell losing. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.